Differences That Cause Trouble With Spelling
Children with spelling problems have a problem relating to sounds (phonics) with the alphabets (graphemes). Once the child gets confused with spelling, it isn't easy to comprehend that spelling. The spellings have to be learned for these children as it does not click automatically, which generally happens to other children.
- Lot of spelling mistakes.
- Difficulty in reading new or unknown words.
- Stammering while reading. Writes slowly because of spelling confusion.
- Confusion between similar sounding words and different spellings for the same word.
- Needs to by heart even common spellings.