Understanding Your Child's Trouble With Math
Maths is a basic necessity of life. Children who have a problem with math have difficulty understanding abstract concepts, gets confused in the number order, signs like +, -, x, etc. Some might have a problem with the time and money concept also. Children can get confused or overwhelmed with advanced math concepts like trigonometry, calculus, or sometimes algebra. That’s not a difficulty or a problem.
- Gets less marks in math, makes silly mistakes, gets confused with numbers.
- Problem in recognizing numbers. Confuses in counting objects.
- Lacks basic addition, subtraction, multiplication, division concept. Any of these.
- Does not understand place values. Can't do mental maths needs to count on finger or other methods.
- Poor in fractions, decimals.