Understanding Your Child's Difficulty With Executive Function
Executive functions are those mental skills of our brain, like thinking, memory, focus, organization, and self-control. These functions help us plan, organize our thoughts, concentrate, set goals, make decisions, control impulses, prioritize, and remember. Problems in these executive functions can affect academics, behavior, memory, and attention.
- Poor in organizing and planning daily activities and thoughts and don’t know how to prioritize tasks and ideas.
- Forget what they have heard or read and loses their things frequently.
- Trouble following different directions or order of steps of doing things.
- Problem in controlling their feelings, impulses and behaviour.
- Confusion in switching focus from one task to another and trouble in starting and/or complete a job.