Understanding Your Child's Visual Perceptual Problems
The children who have a problem in visual skills have difficulty understanding what they see. This makes it difficult to process the information that they see, sometimes slow and sometimes understand it wrong.
- Difficulty in judging the distance.
- Confusion and problem in differentiating between similar looking words, and alphabets, shapes, colours, symbols and patterns.
- Prone to accidents, looks off-balanced and frequently hits into things.
- Problems or slow in reading, writing and maths but good in oral.
- Problem in remembering what they see and copying from board or book.
- Poor in hand eye coordination, sports, filling missing pieces of puzzle or information.